- To represent the collective interests of members within the DIFC and outside the DIFC.
- To be a platform for dialogue amongst members to exchange views on market issues, discuss market practices in order to improve transparency and professionalism.
- To improve market efficiency and facilitate and encourage co-operation amongst members.
- To contribute to the development of the DIFC as the premier (re)insurance market in the region, and to promote best practice and high business and ethical standards between members within the DIFC (re)insurance community.
- To engage with regional insurance regulators and trade associations, and assist regional governments and legislators in raising standards and policy development for the insurance industry.
- To contribute to the development of better underwriting skills and upgrade expertise in the region by promoting insurance and risk management education, training and arranging market seminars.
- To develop the DIFC market to become a specialized centre of excellence including conducting research work, producing industry reports, and developing market data and statistics.
- To facilitate the better understanding of Takaful and Re-takaful business amongst market players, and to contribute to the development of Takaful and Re-takaful business from the DIFC.
- To interact with international bodies as may be necessary, including international trade associations, international standard setting bodies, and others involved with the insurance industry.